A schoolgirl died from electrocution at Dohakula village in Bagharpara upazila of Jessore district on Friday night.
The deceased was identified as Nazmin Nahar, 14, a class-IX student of Bagharpara High School and daughter of Yunus Ali, a resident of the village.
Police said Nazmin came in contact with a live electric wire while she was setting a plug on switch board to run a heater at night.
She was rushed to Bagharpara health complex where attending doctors declared her dead.
A UD case was filed in this connection.